Pages

Tuesday, 18 September 2018

Nets Week 9 Term 3

W.A.L.T: We are learning to create and construct nets of different 3D shapes. The thing that we have been doing this week is we have been making two 3D shapes. The shape I have made is called a cone. The cone has 2 faces the top and the side. This shape has one edge. This shape has one vertices.


The second shape that I have made is a prism. This shape has eleven faces. This shape has ten edges. This shape has 12 vertices. What is this shape really called?





2 comments:

  1. Austin, this is an interesting and thoughtful blog post. This is the great work I want to see every time you share your learning with us.

    What part about your prism made it more difficult to construct?

    Keep up the good work.
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Austin,

    I am the Year 5-8 teacher at Yaldhurst School and I'd like you to know that this is a fantastic blog post that clearly explains about the shapes you made from nets. I like how you have used the right language to describe your shapes. Was it difficult to make these? What hints would you give others that wanted to make these?

    I look forward to your next blog post.

    Mrs Taylor :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.