Pages

Thursday, 21 June 2018

Science Food Test

Today for science we have done another food test. Today's food test we ate crackers but with a twist we had to eat as much crackers as we could in under a minute. I protected 5 but I got 8 it was hard because it was hard to chew crackers in under a minute and you are very pressured.

Rules:
1. You must swallow the cracker before putting in another one.
2. You cannot drink any water.
3. You must put one cracker in your mouth one at a time.

Result: I ate 8 crackers.

Helpful information: One of the thing saliva does to moisten food (make it wet) so it can be easily swallowed.

Dry crackers biscuits absorb (soak up) a lot of saliva, so your mouth dries out making it difficult to swallow.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a cool experiment to try. It sounds like it would have been funny to watch, but also stressful when it was your turn.

    Why do you think you were able to eat more crackers than you predicted? Did you have a strategy?

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hey Austin i'm from wigram primary school I really like the work that you have done,I don't know why you ate crackers but I think it would be funny well done Austin. I think I can eat more.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.