Pages

Monday, 25 May 2020

Essay

I am a Filipino. We migrated to New Zealand in 2013. I first came here in February to look for a job, and then my family followed a couple of months after. A lot of people asked me why? What made you migrate to New Zealand?
It's a simple question and I think about the reasons why someone who has built her entire life from scratch and then suddenly decides to leave everything behind for a new place, with a new culture and new set of friends. And there is only one answer – opportunity.
I love my country, but I hate it as well. And that is not being unpatriotic. It's telling it like it is. Philippines’ population is 102 million. We have almost the same land area as New Zealand. Of the 102 million people - 13 per cent lives in the capital city, Metro Manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.