An awful thing happened on Monday night. Mother had been gone about ten Minutes and I was washing the dishes to the sound of Radio One when there was a knock at the door. I dried my hands on the tea-towel, switched off the radio and when I opened up Scott was on the step.
“Surprise!’ There was a sheepish Look behind his smile. I didn't smile back. I was shocked for one thing, and for another he didn't deserve a smile.
‘I told you not to come here,’ I hissed. ‘How’d you know I’d answer and not Father?’
“ I watched him drive off, Martha. Saw your mum leave too. I’m not daft.”
“You are, Scott. You are daft, or you wouldn’t be here” I glanced up and down the road. ‘You better go before somebody sees you.’
No comments:
Post a Comment
To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.