Intro:
This morning we talked to about sustainability and watched a movie about sustainability. The movie was The Lorax. The reason we watch The Lorax is because our new kete is about sustainability and the point of movie was to tell people that you should always protect nature.
The big idea of the movie is to explain that people should not cut down many trees otherwise that would mean we would all have less oxygen and air. Another big idea of the movie is that one person can change a lot by themselves and you should not be selfish about money or fame.
The author wants you to think about doing stuff the your sure, for example thinking about the consequences before doing things. The author wants you to think about how much trees your cutting down. Another thing that the author wants you to think about is to care about others and don't just do what you want. If you promise to chop only one tree down you have to commit to your promise so you look after the environment.
The key concepts are pollution, sustainability, less oxygen, and dirty air.
Reflection:Overall the thing that I have learnt from the lorax was to not cut down many trees because we would all have less oxygen. I also learnt that one person can really make a different
Hi Austin,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Mrs Tui and I am teaching at St. Pius X Catholic School in Glen Innes, Auckland. Thank you for visiting my students' blog. I really like your writing as you explained very clearly what the author of Lorax want the viewer to understand. I have to agree with you that pollution is our big problem with our environment. Keep up your good work.