Pages

Tuesday, 3 December 2019

Antarctica Issue's

Questions -

Key Question 1:  a big issue in Antarctica is the ice is melting.

                                                                                  
Key Question 2:  What factors have caused this issue? global warming is resulting in the ice to melt and Antarctica losing ice. This is the longest threat to Antarctica. some ice shelves have collapsed because of global warming. Global warming is a long-term rise in the average temperature of the Earth's climate system. the cause of global warming is carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases.


Key Question 3:  What will happen if this issue continues to degrade? if the ice melts all the animals will lose their habitats. Once the ice melts it will going to the ocean. Once it starts flooding everyone will lose their homes in the area.

Key Question 4: What are the possible solutions to this issue (either being currently done or could be done)? We could ban mining from the antarctic. You can mine a lot of places other than Antarctica. you cannot kill any animals in the antarctic. Global warming is a big problem for the antarctic.  Greta thunberg is worried about climate change. make sure no one kills animals and if they do they get a fine of 200$- 300$ and prison time.

Sources - 

Source 3: Internet
URL Address: Link
Author’s Surname and Initials (name of website if unknown): Cool Antarctica 
Title: Cool Antarctica 
Date: 25/11/19                         Time: 12:04

Source 4: Internet 
URL Address: Link
Author’s Surname and Initials: AntarticGlaciers.org
Title: AntarticGlaciers.org
Date: 27/11/19           Time: 2:17
Source 5: Internet 
URL Address: Link
Author’s Surname and Initials: 
Title: Impacts of Climate Change 

Date: 2/12/19                           Time: 2:22

Conclusion - Overall a big issue in Antarctica is the ice is melting. Global warming is resulting in the ice to melt. If global warming destroys the ice it will kill the animals habitats. We could ban mining from the antarctic so it doesn't kill any habitats. I have learned that the antarctic is in more trouble than I thought.

Evaluation -

What did you do well? Finished it on time  How do you know this? because I am up to my evaluation 

What didn’t I do all well I could have? Talked to much 

How could you do better next time? No talking as much, Stop talking to them 

How did this project help you to understand more about how people have an influence and impact the environment? A lot I found out more about why the antarctic is struggling 


If you could research this topic some more, what else could/would you find out? What would the people mine their for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.