Kowhatu Toi
Lo: This week for art kete we have been learning about Maori design for the rock art.
First what we have done was paint the first side of the rock water proof white. Then the next day we painted our teacher painted the other side so we didn't slow down time. Then the last day for the week we over coated the one side of the rock so you cant see the rock.
Today we learnt how to make more designs for example Mangopare and Puhoro. We learnt that Mangopare means hammer head shark and Puhoro means transport and speed.
Challenge: The challenge I faced was to try and sketch the Mangopare design.
I did not use a source for the rock paint it was all by hand.
Please leave a Positive, Thought and Helpful comment.
No comments:
Post a Comment
To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.